Home > Uncategorized > An Observation about Steak

An Observation about Steak

September 28th, 2007

Porterhouse
A Porterhouse Steak, grilled rare to medium-rare. Is there anything better? I think not. And if you don’t agree, that’s ok. Just means there is more for me.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. wcwirla
    September 28th, 2007 at 18:27 | #1

Oh my goodness! That is a vegan nightmare! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
    There is nothing finer in the realm of meat than the Porterhouse. Dad grilled Porterhouse once a month in our home on the south side of Chicago. Part filet, part sirloin – it really doesn’t get better than this. The only problem is that we were going to grill salmon tonight.
    McCain: You have a filet on one side, and a New York strip on the other.

2. September 28th, 2007 at 22:44 | #2

This is a taste of heaven ;-) Please try the Aussie steaks too.
    LPC

3. wcwirla
    September 29th, 2007 at 09:33 | #3

McCain: You have a filet on one side, and a New York strip on the other.
    I stand gloriously corrected. My vision was blurred and my thinking muddied as I pondered 24 oz of Porterhouse grilled to medium rare perfection. What a glorious sight that is! I know the original diet of man was fruits and nuts, and it is on account of the Fall that we live off the death of another, but thank God for the cattle that produced that steak.
    McCain: I actually prefer the New York Strip, or Ribeye to a filet. Of course, if you can get a Porterhouse that is graded prime, well….heavenly! The filet though tends to lack flavor.
    But….never understimate a Sirloin Steak, cooked rare to medium rare. NEVER more than medium rare. It is VERY tasty and quite delicious and a lot less expensive. It packs a big beefy flavor that neither the New York Strip nor the Porterhouse does, just not quite as tender. Often however “tenderness” is determined by how it is cooked. Anyone who cooks a good steak more than medium rare doesn’t deserve to have steak.

4. Rev. James Roemke
    September 29th, 2007 at 10:09 | #4

I see another proud member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals). Long live carnivores!!

5. Todd
    October 1st, 2007 at 09:59 | #5

Steak is good, but you have to cook it more than that, if its still mooing, don’t be chewing
    McCain: No, steak is not good when it is cooked much beyond medium rare. It loses its flavor and tenderness. People are afraid of bacterial infections, etc. but they do not realize that the bacteria that will get you are on the surface of the meat and if you do not cut into the meat while cooking it, the bacteria is killed. The reason hamburger should be cooked longer is because the surface meat is ground up into the rest of the meat. I’m not an advocate of bloody rare, but if you are eating it past medium rare, a nice red/pink in the interior you are depriving yourself of the real flavor and pleasure of a good cut of meat! Cooking it well done? Never. Go out and get a piece of leather and put some steak sauce on it.

6. Chi Chi
    October 1st, 2007 at 20:31 | #6

Thank goodness you prefer medium rare! Even medium is unbearable, or uncowable, as the case may be.