Home > Macintosh > iLife and iWork = Ultra Mac Goodness

iLife and iWork = Ultra Mac Goodness

December 28th, 2007

Osx14ilife
I have a friend who was raving recently about iWork, Apple’s productivityNewiwork0708074
software for the Mac. It includes Pages, the word processing component; Keynote, the presentation software; and Numbers, the spreadsheet program. I was a bit skeptical, but…I’m a complete convert now. And the iLife software that comes loaded on Macs is truly superb. I’m up and running creating, and burning, really high quality DVDs. All of which is to say, if you are a Mac user, or you are considering it, you will not be disappointed and, I suspect, you will be blown away by the functionality that comes out of the box with a Mac. You have to pay for the iWork suite of programs, but you have a nice long trial period to consider it. iLife comes with the Mac and includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and GarageBand.

Categories: Macintosh
  1. Scott
    December 28th, 2007 at 13:25 | #1

I have yet to try iWork, even though I’ve been a Mac guy for many years. Maybe it’s time?

2. December 28th, 2007 at 18:35 | #2

Hey, I thought you were taking all this time off from the blog!
    Blessed Christmas season.

3. December 28th, 2007 at 19:28 | #3

I literally could not do my job (college math professor) without Pages and Keynote.
    Numbers needs work, though. A spreadsheet that won’t plot linear trendlines? Please. But I’m sure it’ll get better in the next version.
    The only thing iWork is missing is a good, simple, intuitive database program along the same lines as Pages/Keynote/Numbers and they’ll be all set.

4. December 28th, 2007 at 20:47 | #4

I’ve been a Mac user for a couple of years and I really like the iLife suite. I haven’t really used iWork except for Keynote which I think is a lot sharper than PowerPoint for presentations. I’ll probably make the full switch with my next Mac.

5. December 29th, 2007 at 23:43 | #5

Yup, iLife & iWork are both right nifty & chock full o’ Mac goodness.
    I just wish I could get my fill of Luther’s Works in a chock-full-o-Ultra Mac Goodness program that didn’t require using Windows. Oh, say, something like Accordance… (and the long promised, but still vaporware until it actually becomes available, Logos for Mac doesn’t count!) ;^)

6. wcwirla
    December 31st, 2007 at 16:30 | #6

Sigh. I simply bears repeating:
    Mac: Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
    PC: Yugo
    Soon, they will all be Macs.