Home > Libronix > Coming soon to a Libronix installation near you: The LSB Lectionaries!

Coming soon to a Libronix installation near you: The LSB Lectionaries!

July 23rd, 2008

Yes, that’s right. In a couple weeks we should be able to “go live” with a free add-on for your Libronix installations, courtesy of your friends at Logos and CPH.

What does this mean? It means you will have ready access to the Lutheran Service Book lectionary of your choice, including all the feasts, festivals, major and minor, etc. We are still doing a bit of tweaking to it, but …. here are some screen shots. Yes, you’ll have to own a copy of Libronix, in some way, shape or form, but if you only have, for instance, the Concordia edition, you’ll be all set, since it comes with the ESV Bible and this functionality is part of the Libronix core program, which installs itself on to your computer whenever you buy a Libronix based product.

I have several pictures below of my computer running this.

The first shot is of the system showing a Sunday in the Three Year lectionary, I just grabbed Aug. 15. The second shot is of the next coming Sunday in the historic lectionary, July 27, then the third shows what came up automatically today for me. More later on that.

The cool thing is that using the search functionality built into the software you are able to scan and search in all your open/unlocked resources for the text you wish to study and you’ll get a complete search list of everywhere the verse range is dealt with in your Libronix library.

The way it works is that when you bring up “Lectionary Viewer” and have LSB lectionaries as your lectionary of choice, of course, it will automatically display the next date for which there is an set of Bible readings. So, for example, if you go to the last image, this is the one I’m viewing today, since the next set of readings appear for July 25: St. James’ Day. Understand?

Using the up/down arrows you can move to other dates. Using “properties” you set the Bible translation you wish to see by default, or…if you have it…you can have it show you the NT readings in Greek, etc.

Pretty nifty, no?

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Categories: Libronix
  1. July 23rd, 2008 at 15:07 | #1

Sweet. Thank you!

2. July 23rd, 2008 at 15:20 | #2

How about the Introit?
    McCain: No, just the appointed readings for the day. There is a wonderful program called Lutheran Service Builder that provides that kind of functionality.

3. Gerry Kapanka
    July 23rd, 2008 at 16:20 | #3

Thank you for this marvelous addin. I have been waiting for the Lutheran Lectionary for several years. To have the LSB lectionary is fantastic. Thank you a thousand times Thank you.

4. July 23rd, 2008 at 21:27 | #4

This will be helpful. The only Libronix I have is Luther’s Works – will that work?
    [[McCain: Yes, when the Lectionary Viewer is released for the LSB, in a couple of weeks, it will work with any installation of Libronix on a PC]].

5. Robert Franck
    July 24th, 2008 at 09:16 | #5

Paul, make sure you emphasize the “free” in your first paragraph above. I, for one, am really looking forward to this add-on and how it will work with my Logos system.

6. David Smilek
    July 24th, 2008 at 11:47 | #6

Great news! I’ve been meaning to email and request this for a while. Now that I’ve begun to use Logos heavily I’d love to see all CPH reference type books available in Libronix. Please consider the upcoming Treasury of Daily Prayer and the Lutheran Study Bible as prime candidates for Libronix.

7. Recht Rev. Wright(not the one from Chicago;-)
    July 24th, 2008 at 12:38 | #7

SWEET!!
    Thanks for the lectionary and thanks for all you do…

8. July 28th, 2008 at 13:32 | #8

Oh now THIS is yet another treat. I LOVE tools that make “being Lutheran” more wheelchair accessible! What do I need to thank for this?