Home > CPH Resources > Treasury of Daily Prayer Excerpts Ready to View

Treasury of Daily Prayer Excerpts Ready to View

August 23rd, 2008

124319 I'm very happy to announce that we have excerpts available from Treasury of Daily Prayer. Here they are.

Download treasury_excerpt.pdf

Download how_to_use_the_treasury.pdf

We are also now taking orders for the Treasury. I recommend that you reserve a copy now, either the plain soft cover version, or the soft-cover bonded leather version. Demand for this long-anticipated book is going to be strong, and though we do our best to anticipate demand with our first print run, we always plan conservatively, so if you want to be sure of receiving a copy when it is first available, it is a very good idea to "get in line" now.

Remember those long lines of people sleeping in lawn chairs in front of Apple stores waiting for the iPhone. Yea, that's pretty much it. [OK, maybe not that crazy, but you get the picture].

Let me know what you think after you check out the excerpts, and please feel free to pass the PDF files around to others, post them on your blog, help spread the word. Many thanks.

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. Angela
    August 23rd, 2008 at 07:02 | #1

Thanks for the announcement – I have been waiting to order things from CPH, hoping that the Treasury would become available!

2. T.C.
    August 23rd, 2008 at 10:26 | #2

Thanks for posting this teaser–this looks to be an amazing resource! I wonder, with LSB, the new Book of Concord, and the forthcoming study bible using the ESV…what drove the use of the NIV for the Treasury?
    Just curious…thanks!
    [[McCain: We did not use the NIV for the treasury. The Scriptures and Psalms are entirely ESV. If there is a credit line for NIV it must because there is some use of it in a reading from another source, that used the NIV, that's why we are required to put a note about the NIV on the indicia page. The Treasury is definitely ESV based. Thanks for asking.]]

3. Luke Zimmerman
    August 23rd, 2008 at 10:32 | #3

This is a minor concern, not with the content:
    I’m curious to see how well the binding of a soft-cover book of 1500 pages will hold up. It surprises me that the TDP would not be offered in a hard-cover version and a leather-bound version rather than the two options provided.
    LTZ
    [[McCain: Tom, thanks for your thoughts. It is a smyth sewn binding, in a soft case. That alone will go a long way toward its durability. It will hold up actually quite well, and in some respects, better than if it were in a hard case binding. We gave this a lot of thought and went with these options to account for the manner in which the book will be used, how it will be used, and in order to keep the price within reach of the majority of people for whom the book is intended. If you were to have a chance to see Roman Catholic and Anglican breviaries, you would notice that in nearly every case, they have followed the same binding choices, no doubt, for the same combination of reasons. Thanks for asking, and though this answer may not provide what you are looking for, I hope it helps you understand the reasons for our decision on this.]]

4. Todd Schroeder
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:19 | #4

Do church workers receive their discount on this item?
    [[McCain: On top of the promotional pricing? I do not know, but will find out and let you know.]]

5. Ed Yates
    August 23rd, 2008 at 12:37 | #5

Hi!
    I wonder, do you know if this is going to be on Amazon.co.uk? If not, do you have any idea how I could get a copy to the UK without some fairly punitive postage?

6. Rev. James Leistico
    August 23rd, 2008 at 22:36 | #6

very nice. My only disappointment with the teaser is the selection of dates. I would have liked a teaser that would start today and get us to the date I can purchase this thing.
    But then again, with this selection I got to see the words I will be reading on my birthday. What a great reminder of the gifts of God – Psalm 116 with the cup of salvation and the Gospel being the Institution of the Supper. (Though the Gospel also includes Peter’s denial, and the OT brings up Jeremiah’s rejection by the people. But on the day of my birth, Psalm 116 will remind that God cherishes the day of my death as precious too.)

7. Kyle Wright
    August 24th, 2008 at 05:30 | #7

I am so impressed and excited about the release of this new material, that I have gone ahead and ordered two copies (one for myself and the other for my wife). I now have to wait until the FedEx truck arrives at my door, sometime after the 23rd of October. Can’t wait to get my dirty little hands on it.
    Kyle Wright
    Stafford, VA

8. T.C.
    August 25th, 2008 at 10:39 | #8

Ha, ha, thanks for the ESV/NIV clarification! Seems I missed the former, “Unless otherwise stated,” ESV credit line.
    Thanks for keeping me honest!
    McCain: You were entirely right in noticing the credit line and wondering. There were no qualifications. I’m getting a more specific answer from the general editor, but I know it is going to be something along the lines of, “A quote in the book that we could not change uses the NIV, and hence we have to credit it on the indicia page.” I’ll let you know.

9. Cory Howell
    August 25th, 2008 at 12:45 | #9

This looks to be an excellent resource for Daily Prayer! I am looking forward to reserving a copy some time after my next church payday! :-)

10. Andrew Packer
    August 28th, 2008 at 19:55 | #10

I already reserved two. Thanks for all the updates and the sneak peaks!