Home > CPH Resources > The Treasury Has Arrived

The Treasury Has Arrived

October 22nd, 2008

These are copies of the bonded leather and the skivertex, they were among just a small handful of samples that arrived just this morning. The rest of the shipment will come in on Thursday and Friday and we will start filling orders as quickly as we can. We have well over 1,000 backorders and will fill orders "first come, first serve." In the photo below, the Skyvertex regular edition is on the left, bonded leather on the right. Sorry about the photo quality, it is just a shot from the cheapo camera built into the computer.

Treasury

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. October 22nd, 2008 at 15:47 | #1

I CAN’T WAIT! OVERNITE ME YOURS NOW!

2. October 22nd, 2008 at 16:39 | #2

Pr. Peperkorn, tell us how you REALLY feel.
    Dibs on the other one. :)

3. Brian Westgate
    October 23rd, 2008 at 06:52 | #3

What’s Skyvertex? A type of hardcover?
    McCain Response:
    Skyvertex is a vinyl and provides a durable, soft-cover binding.

4. Pastor Christopher Cole
    October 23rd, 2008 at 10:31 | #4

Greetings from Redeemer Lutheran- Warrington(Pensacola)FL!
    Is is a great time in history to be receiving a decent daily
    prayer tool for personal use in our Christian devotion- and from the vantage point of our Lutheran heritage and teaching. Praise God!
    I think that we need daily prayer- now more than ever, especially
    considering the precarious times in which we live.Lord,Have Mercy
    May God bless this work and all who call on His name through it!
    The Peace of Jesus be with you!

5. Weslie O.
    October 23rd, 2008 at 18:33 | #5

When will they arrive in the Fort Wayne bookstore?

6. Jen
    October 23rd, 2008 at 19:13 | #6

Why must you torment me so? Have you no mercy?
    Is my name-imprinted one going out with the pre-orders? :þ *drools*

7. October 25th, 2008 at 10:38 | #7

Are there any going to be sent to CPH bookstores?…More importantly, to the Ann Arbor CPH bookstore?
    McCain: Yes, sure will. As soon as we get through the backorders that have accumulated, we’ll be able to get some out to our other bookstores.

8. Norm Fisher
    October 25th, 2008 at 10:50 | #8

Wow! I got notice that mine was mailed yesterday!
    Oh — this is saturday now .. I hope I get it today; most everything I get from CPH comes overnight, but given it’s not a business day, fedex may not deliver it until Monday!
    I may have to wait all weekend for it!!
    Thanks for all the effort that went into generating this treasury for the church!

9. October 25th, 2008 at 13:15 | #9

I saw them yesterday at German Days, and while as a poor seminarian I couldn’t shell out the money at the time, I’m sure I’ll be getting a copy sooner or later. Nice product! Thanks! You’re on a roll…Concordia, LSB, TDP, and many others. Keep up the good work!

10. Christopher Gillespie
    October 25th, 2008 at 13:34 | #10

I stopped by the friendly CPH bookstore at CTS and they couldn’t tell me which edition is preferred for the zipper cover, or if they would be available together as a package deal. What’s the story?
    McCain: Each edition is the same size, same dimensions. The cover works with either.

11. October 25th, 2008 at 20:27 | #11

I got mine today. Yippee!

12. Gary
    October 27th, 2008 at 12:26 | #12

Good afternoon Pastor!
    Nice picture. Quit teasing. Please get mine in the mail. ;)

13. Rev. Allen Yount
    October 29th, 2008 at 16:20 | #13

Pastor McCain, I just received my copy. This is wonderful! For the longest time, I’ve been hoping and praying for a daily office resource that is fully Lutheran in content, and that is “in sinc” with my congregation in regards to Bible version and church year. With all due respect to the Lutheran Liturgical Prayer Brotherhood and Emmanuel Press, the Brotherhood Prayer Book is great. Still, I prefer to pray in my native language, not in King James. In addition, although I love the idea of praying using Gregorian chant, to be realistic, that probably would be way too overwhelming for my flock. I’m hoping to get some of them involved in the practice of daily prayer, too, after all, and the Treasury is something they can grow into as they use it.
    Thank you so much for your part in bringing this fabulous resource into being. Keep up the good work!

14. October 30th, 2008 at 11:06 | #14

Mine just arrived this morning, and I’m giddy!
    I’ve been anxiously awaiting it’s arrival, to begin incorporating it as a means by which I can finally discipline myself in my daily devotional routine. Not to mention finally being in with the cool kids like Weedon, Stuckwisch, & McCain! ;^)
    Glen: If your standard of “cool” is us, you obviously have exceedingly low standards.