Update on The Lutheran Study Bible
(1) We received and reviewed the covers for both regular and larger print editions. They will come in black and burgundy, with a gold embroidered “The Lutheran Study Bible” name on the outside. They have sturdy handles and definitely offer a nice, sturdy canvas to protect your TLSB, room for pens and note paper, etc. in the inside. They will be offered as accessories you can order. Look for them on the sign up sheets coming to your church soon.
(2) We received the leather cover proofs from the printer, with gold foil, to take a gander at.
(3) The Bible is printing right now. The regular edition is printed, is being assembled, stitched, thumb index notches being cut on those copies. The larger print edition is on press now too.
(4) NOTE: These are not wimpy little bibles. The regular print edition weighs 4.5 pounds, the larger print edition weighs 7.1 pounds! Be prepared. You may want to start doing some weight training now, or buy two larger prints, and using the cover with the handle, you can get a good physical and spiritual exercise thing going.
(5) Orders continue to pour in: WORD TO THE WISE: Since we are shipping TLSB out in a “first come, first served” manner, please, get your order in now to make sure you get your Bible in the first print run. http://www.cph.org/lutheranbible
(6) The promo kit is dropping in the mail first week of August, so you should have it by mid-August, that is: it is going to 20,000 congregations in the USA and Canada.
(7) Finally, there are over 1,000 people following The Lutheran Study Bible’s Twitter Feed. Give it a follow: http://www.twitter.com/lutheranbible
That’s it for now.