Home > CPH Resources, The Lutheran Study Bible > The Lutheran Study Bible has arrived! First look.

The Lutheran Study Bible has arrived! First look.

August 28th, 2009

The Lutheran Study Bible has arrived! The regular hardback edition will be shipping out to all who ordered it by the end of next week, other hardback editions will ship as they arrive in the next couple of weeks. By the end of September, we will be able to ship out all the various leather editions. So, remain patient, your copy is coming! For full information about The Lutheran Study Bible go to cph.org/lutheranbible

Te Deum laudamus! Soli Deo gloria!

TLSB Low Res

The Lutheran Study Bible Regular Hardback Edition

TLSB lay flat

1. August 28th, 2009 at 09:12 | #1

Excellent!!! Uho .. I ordered the thumb edition; so I guess I won’t get it immediately….

I CANNOT WAIT!

(BUT: I’m glad it’s coming out before Oct 31st, so I should be happy, right?)

2. Greg Smith
    August 28th, 2009 at 10:07 | #2

Dang. I was going to write a long comment about getting my copy early but now that I’ve seen the pictures I have to go wipe the drool off my shirt.

3. Darren L
    August 28th, 2009 at 10:21 | #3

Woo-hoo! I’ve had mine ordered since March. My wife had NO interest at the time, but I’ve been buzzing about it so much that now she wants one.

Only out of curiousity, when will the TLSB covers be in? Only a question, I can wait — no pressure. :D

4. Zecryphon
    August 28th, 2009 at 10:52 | #4

Why don’t we take one of the two hardback copies to the ELCA as you mentioned and just slap them upside the head with it? LOL

McCain response: Extraordinary measures are frowned upon by our Lord. See Luke 16:29

5. August 28th, 2009 at 11:00 | #5

Woooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

6. Bruce Gee
    August 28th, 2009 at 11:26 | #6

Great news, can’t wait. I guess I should get my supplemental orders in soon, eh?

McCain reply: My advice is to place an order for as many copies as you think you will need for Christmas, now.

7. Elizabeth Etzel
    August 28th, 2009 at 11:46 | #7

My husband will get his butI will have to wait for my large print. (much weeping is heard. I pray the church admin ordered one for the office. I should ask her.

8. Northeasterner
    August 28th, 2009 at 12:41 | #8

As a corporate footsoldier, I know how difficult it is to get a major project done according to a timeline, much less nearly two months ahead of schedule!

Hearty congratulations to you and your peers. You are a great blessing to the church!

9. Helen
    August 28th, 2009 at 13:17 | #9

@Bruce Gee

Anticipated Christmas. Invoice for a case will be coming. Time to “get out my checkbook”. :)

McCain response: Actually, we take credit cards, checks and you can use cash in our bookstores. Just so you know.

10. Craig
    August 28th, 2009 at 14:49 | #10

I posted the link to your blog in the RR section at ALPB to give them a heads-up. Can’t wait to get my copy!

11. Luke Spilsbury
    August 28th, 2009 at 15:28 | #11

Now us Aussies will wait patiently for our copies to arrive! Very excited and looking forward to my copy! Hope it comes before Christmas!

McCain response: I enjoyed my visit with Mr. Michael Grieger recently, Director of Australian Church Resources. They are distributors of The Lutheran Study Bible in Australia. Great to work with them to get these “down under.”

12. Josh Venske
    August 28th, 2009 at 23:12 | #12

You have made me a real happy camper! Now, I only have one month to wait instead of 2. Sehr gut!

13. Rev.Richard Ondicho
    August 29th, 2009 at 06:24 | #13

I am delighted to hear that the most awaited Bible is here soon. I have not ordered one yet but my joy is that the book is coming the time when my New ministry will need it. I must ask congregants to order individually or as a group.
    May our good Lord bless this work

Rev.Ondicho

14. Craig
    August 29th, 2009 at 09:06 | #14

Are there any plans to translate the study notes for a Spanish Bible?

McCain response: Si!

15. Arturo
    August 29th, 2009 at 10:36 | #15

I ordered the large print, so it looks like I will have to wait a little bit longer and be PATIENT!!!!!!

Colossians 1:11 (ESV)
    11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,

16. A Poor Maggot Sack
    August 29th, 2009 at 13:00 | #16

Is it possible to get TLSB in black hardcover with gold printing? Elsewhere I saw a photo of TLSB with the Concordia and LSB. I like that idea, but I would like it to fit with my copy of the ELH and Book of Family Prayer, both black with gold printing.

McCain response; We do not offer a black hardcover edition, but…you could also buy a burgundy hardcover and have it rebound. I’ve had that done with several of my books. If you find a good book binder, it turns out very nicely.

17. August 29th, 2009 at 21:48 | #17

We’ve ordered 32 to replace all the NIV Study Bibles in our adult classroom … any chance you might have heard of anyone who might be able to put our “old” study Bibles to good use?

18. Kevin Sam
    August 30th, 2009 at 00:05 | #18

Glory be to God! Our two congregations will be getting an order in, hopefully over the next month. They will use it for personal/group bible study. Paul, any more news about the DVD of bible studies? (the one for $299)? I’ve discussed it with a few folks and they’re really interested in that.

McCain response: Scheduled to ship on Oct. 31, 2009. Read more about it here: http://www.cph.org/cphstore/product.asp?category=&part_no=203488&find_category=&find_description=&find_part_desc=life+by+his+word#

19. LL
    August 30th, 2009 at 01:13 | #19

Any estimate on when the hard-cover, thumb editions will start to ship?

McCain response: other hardback editions will ship as they arrive in the next couple of weeks.