Home > CPH Resources, The Lutheran Study Bible > Lutheran Church—Canada President Endorses The Lutheran Study Bible

Lutheran Church—Canada President Endorses The Lutheran Study Bible

September 29th, 2009

“You’ll find The Lutheran Study Bible to be a whole resource center under one cover! It’s also practical to use, even if you’re in the very early stages of becoming a Bible student. This volume can be a tool in God’s hand to overcome Biblical illiteracy, and to shape His people with the mind of Christ. Its way of introducing you to daily, prayerful Scripture reading is such a blessing.”

Rev. Robert Bugbee, President
Lutheran Church-Canada

1. Andrew P
    September 29th, 2009 at 07:20 | #1

What are the sales, including pre-orders, at this point?

McCain response: A lot!

2. Kelly
    September 29th, 2009 at 11:31 | #2

I’m not surprised; my impression of Pr. Bugbee as LC-C president is that Biblical literacy is very important to him and his vision for our churches. Good thing!

3. Randolph
    September 29th, 2009 at 17:23 | #3

I worshipped in an LC-C congregation while in Canada some years ago.

Very friendly pastor and people, and Biblically solid.

So, they think the new TLSB is pretty good, eh? I wonder if there’ll be a Canadian printing with Canadian spellings; i.e., “colour,” “favour,” “centre,” etc.?

4. Randolph
    September 29th, 2009 at 17:27 | #4

Forgot to add…

There are also some English District LCMS congregations in Canada that didn’t join the LC-C, for reasons I don’t know.

I live near the border, and in SW Ontario anyway, most of the Canadian Lutheran congregations I’ve found are LC-C. I’ve never been in an ELCIC congregation.

I agree with Kelly, what I know of LC-C President Bugbee is that he provides excellent leadership for our brothers and sisters in the LC-C.

5. September 30th, 2009 at 00:24 | #5

President Bugbee is a good man. There was a good interview with him not too long ago on Issues Etc. A lot of LCMS Lutherans do not realize that LC-C was the LCMS not too long ago, but that each of our seminaries started seminaries north of the border. CSL started the seminary in Edmonton, Alberta, and CTSFW started CLTS in St. Catharines, Ontario. In many ways LCC is in better theological shape than the LCMS.

6. Andrew P
    September 30th, 2009 at 05:15 | #6

@Andrew P
    I knew that : ) I was just curious how many hands this was getting into already.