Home > CPH Resources > The Essential Lutheran Library: Live and in Living Color

The Essential Lutheran Library: Live and in Living Color

September 29th, 2009

EssentialLibrary

I’ve been talking about The Essential Lutheran Library, for quite some time. Well, here finally is a photo of the TELL, in its final configuration. More details about the three styles in which you can buy the library are available on the CPH web site. The Essential Lutheran Library contains:

The Lutheran Study Bible

Lutheran Service Book

Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation

Treasury of Daily Prayer

Lutheran Book of Prayer

Reading the Psalms with Luther

Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. Bob
    September 29th, 2009 at 17:59 | #1

If I may be so bold as to add one work to your Essential Lutheran Library it is the Pastoral Care Companion. Yes I realize that it is not “essential” for non-clergy Lutherans. As a parish pastor, and more importantly, as a Christian, I have found great comfort in the resources, especially the prayers, that this little gem offers. Thank you CPH for these resources!

2. September 30th, 2009 at 00:00 | #2

I seem to remember reading awhile back that Starck’s Prayer Book was part of TELL (or at least a supplement to it). Is it part of the “recommended” list? I’ve got my copy on order awaiting the shipment of the leather editions of the Lutheran Study Bible.

3. September 30th, 2009 at 00:20 | #3

At the very least, a Lutheran should have Bible, Book of Concord (or at least the Catechism), and the hymnal. Kenneth Korby used to talk about those as the three books of Lutheran piety.

As a starting point every board of elders/deacons ought to have copies of the same edition of the Book of Concord and study it together regularly.

4. Pr Jeff Nilsson
    September 30th, 2009 at 00:33 | #4

Paul,
    I just ordered the last piece of the puzzle. Like I said before, you’re going to make me go broke :) But I love it. All of it. Thank you.

5. Rev. Joseph Eggleston
    September 30th, 2009 at 08:07 | #5

Pastor McCain, is that the standard site TLSB, or the large print?

McCain response: standard size.

6. Scott Larkins
    September 30th, 2009 at 19:32 | #6

Picked my first copy of TLSB.

Wow!

I’ll be buying a load of them. I can’t think of a better gift.