Home > CPH Resources > Name Those Tracks! What is on the Evening and Morning Recording?

Name Those Tracks! What is on the Evening and Morning Recording?

January 25th, 2010

We are hearing from a number of you now who have received the Evening and Morning: The Music of Lutheran Daily Prayer recording. To say you are enjoying this recording is an understatement. We are hearing from from folks enjoying this on their commutes, praying Matins on the way to work, and Vespers on the way home. Others are using this to help their families sing together during their daily prayer and time of devotions. The recording does not provide track names, just numbers, something we will correct in the next printing of the CD.

Here then is the organization of the CD. Thanks to Rev. Scot Kinnaman, our colleague here at CPH, for providing this.

The CD is organized this way. You can create a separate playlist for each daily prayer office.

* Matins (Tracks 01–08)
* Vespers (Tracks 09–14)
* Morning Prayer (Tracks 15–21)
* Evening Prayer (Tracks 22–29)
* Compline (Tracks 30–38)
* Litany (Track 39)

38 Compline Benediction
39 Litany

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. Tom
    January 25th, 2010 at 20:44 | #1

Hi Pastor McCain,

Thanks to you and all of the folks at CPH who are providing such wonderful resources. I was wondering if you were going to have this available on iTunes? I’ve bought a couple other CDs that you have up there and would likely purchase this a lot quicker if it was available for download.

Just a thought.

Thanks and God Bless!

McCain: Sorry, but for now we are not offering it via iTunes. They take a very hefty “cut” of the price when it sells and so we can’t afford to offer it at a sale price of only $8 and offer it on iTunes.

2. Rev. David Smilek
    January 25th, 2010 at 20:46 | #2

Any chance of it being offered through iTunes? Shipping to Canada is still disappointingly slow and expensive. I would also encourage CPH to offer more audio books through audible.com or iTunes.

McCain response: We don’t have any plans to do that for now. The “cut” iTunes takes is too high to make it possible for us to offer the disk at $9.99 with a sale price of $8.00.

3. January 25th, 2010 at 21:17 | #3

I named them myself in iTunes, and have been listening to them on my iPhone. I already separate smart playlists for Evenings, Saturday evenings, and Sunday mornings. These make outstanding additions to those playlists. Kudos to CPH (and Kantor Resch and the CTSFW Kantorei) for another fine offering.

4. January 26th, 2010 at 09:05 | #4

I just want to point out that Seminarian Dubke (who chanted the officiant part) was in fact, “on loan” from CSL for a quarter. :)

5. January 26th, 2010 at 09:38 | #5

Could I suggest that new CPH recordings have album/artist/track data uploaded to the iTunes CD Database? That would be really helpful! :)

6. Larry
    January 26th, 2010 at 17:26 | #6

Thanks for the track names! I’m going to “fix” them in iTunes now…

7. Tom
    February 3rd, 2010 at 19:19 | #7

@Tom
    Pr McCain, thanks for the explanation. While I would still like to see more things like this available from iTunes, I can understand the pricing concerns. (Personally I would pay a couple extra dollars for the convenience of being able to download it instead of ordering, paying for shipping, and waiting for it to arrive, although I guess I”m more of a member of this millennial generation that expects “on demand” resources)

That being said, I did end up ordering it and it just came today and I love it. I think it is fantastic resource and a great addition to the already wonderful Treasury of Daily Prayer book.

Good Work!