Home > Sanctity of Life > Abortion Survivor Speaks: Stunningly Powerful

Abortion Survivor Speaks: Stunningly Powerful

September 28th, 2010

I had not seen this before. Thanks for Pastor Messer for putting this on his blog site. Watch this, and then let me know what you think.

Categories: Sanctity of Life
  1. September 28th, 2010 at 08:38 | #1

I didn’t watch the videos, but she came to my university a few weeks ago to speak in chapel. It was probably the best chapel ever.

2. Chryst
    September 28th, 2010 at 09:22 | #2

I remember hearing her at the 2001 LCMS National Youth Gathering

3. Mike Burdick
    September 28th, 2010 at 10:40 | #3

I had not seen this before, either, though I have heard her story.

It is incredibly powerful, and helpful, on balance. Much of the power comes from an emotional appeal, and that can be a weakness in our witness for life, and for God. I am deeply touched by that appeal, and I know that we require more than emotion.

Much of the power, though, comes from reason and truth, and that’s why I’ll pass it on. She’s right. She’s clear. Her challenge to men is right on. She does not fear conflict. She likely has a proper fear of God, and that’s it.

4. Brigitte
    September 28th, 2010 at 14:02 | #4

This could be unpacked on many levels. What grips me the most, is what it must take to deal with actually being an abortion survivor, in terms of self-esteem, family relations and faith. In the defiance one can hear in her talk, we can sense the depth of the battle. Form this battle is born a fiery speaker on behalf of the value of life. She has my utter respect. God bless her.

5. Pablo
    September 28th, 2010 at 20:44 | #5

Saw this first on Pr. Wenz’s FB page.

6. revfish
    September 29th, 2010 at 11:37 | #6

I have not seen this video before but she was at the 2004 Beyond Imagination LC-MS NYG in Orlando. She sang along with Echelon on When I Survey the Wondrous Cross/Wonderful Cross. It was very good.

She does speak from emotions, but I can’t help but think that when uses the name of Christ in situations like that it is a witness. But it makes me think where does the witness of Christ lead people to? The cross, the value (sanctity) of human life, it’s hard to say, but she does it with reason and has a story to tell.

• September 29th, 2010 at 16:35 | #7

Heavens! We certainly don’t want emotions in any of these discussions!

Insert big eye-roll here.

7. Mike Burdick
    September 29th, 2010 at 17:31 | #8

Didn’t say we want NO emotions.
    – another eye roll —