Home > CPH Resources, eBooks > New Kindle eBook Titles from Concordia Publishing House

New Kindle eBook Titles from Concordia Publishing House

March 30th, 2011

Categories: CPH Resources, eBooks
  1. Randy Keyes
    March 30th, 2011 at 11:15 | #1

Thank you for doing this. My wife and I have just recently started exploring the kindle and are testing it right now on the pc before we purchase an actual kindle. I’ve been thinking about getting Grace upon Grace anyway, so I’ll likely get it for kindle and see how it works. If I like it, I’ll likely be picking up some of the titles you mention above, too.
    Thanks again,
    Randy

2. Rahn Hasbargen
    March 31st, 2011 at 06:45 | #2

Any expectation or time line for getting some of these books in epub format? As an owner of a Nook and not a Kindle, I am finding patience a true virtue in getting some of these treasures for my e-reader.

3. Steve Foxx
    March 31st, 2011 at 06:49 | #3

Pastor McCain,
    The “Theological Commonplaces” is part of the same series you folks are starting that came so highly recommended right?

God Bless,
    Steve

4. Steve Foxx
    March 31st, 2011 at 06:55 | #4

@Steve Foxx

Hee Hee, I couldn’t resist. I remember Dr. Kilcrease’s comments and got the Kindle version. Looks great!! Just bookmark the table of contents and you’re ready to go. It’s a great idea for a guy who’s going to sit on a bus today for 6 hours.

Steve

5. April 2nd, 2011 at 09:52 | #5

I have a request: Would Concordia (or any publisher!) please put out What Luther Says by Ewald Plass in Libronix? It would be good to revise it to reference LW, but I won’t complain if you just put it out the way it is.

This work has been a big help over the years. It’s helped me find a number of obscure Luther quotes, as well as presenting a good overview of Luther’s thoughts on particular
    topics.

In order to extensively search this work now, I use Google’s searchable snippet version on Google Books. A Libronix version would be very helpful.

6. Todd Schroeder
    April 3rd, 2011 at 19:42 | #7

Paul. Keep up the good work. I love accessing my books on the iPad. Any thought of releasing the hymnal on iPad or kindle? I know there are copyrights issues, but I still think it could be done.

T

• April 4th, 2011 at 13:24 | #8

Hi Todd, no, sorry, it can be done, due to how the music industry chooses to use its rights under copyright law. It is not a CPH decision not to do this, it is simply the way things are with the way copyright holders choose to exercise their rights.