Home > Liberal Lutheranism > UCC “Flash Eucharist” and Sad Bunny

UCC “Flash Eucharist” and Sad Bunny

July 15th, 2011

I watched this and felt like this:

Categories: Liberal Lutheranism
  1. Dennis Peskey
    July 15th, 2011 at 08:02 | #1

Bunny has a more reverent posture than anyone (or thing) in the UCC video. Perhaps bunny is engaged in lament and intercessory prayer on their behalf. We can only pray as well.
    Pax,
    Dennis

2. July 15th, 2011 at 11:32 | #3

Kyrie Eleison

3. mitch Schull
    July 15th, 2011 at 19:26 | #4

Watching it I began to feel ill.

4. Rev. Paul Gramit
    July 16th, 2011 at 00:34 | #5

In the words of a seminary prof (whom I will not name here), when describing reaction to watching a video of the infamous Yankee Stadium fiasco, so is fitting here — watching this made me feel like I needed to take a shower (even though I just took one a few hours ago). This was so terrible just to WATCH. I THINK it was around 2:27 or 2:28, when that bald guy’s voice dominated the Our Father, where I thought of the focus on Private Joker (just before lights out in the barracks) saying the Rifleman’s Creed (“I must fire my rifle true, etc.”) in the movie Full Metal Jacket.

Saddest of all — this is just one small step removed from too many of the left fringe of those who ID themselves as LCMS (noticed how I termed that).

Not that we’re entirely surprised — Ecclesiastes 1:9, “There is no new thing under the sun” — but thanks much for posting. It’s something confessional Lutheranism needs to see (as in, “Don’t try this at home, or anywhere else”) . . .

Kyrie Eleison.

5. Rev. Kevin Jennings
    July 16th, 2011 at 07:31 | #6

I almost made it through all three minutes. I’m not sure if it was morning congestion or the video, but the reaction was the same. To steal a quote from a Lutheran guy on the radio, this is some of the most vomit-worthy stuff I’ve ever seen or heard.

What galls me about this whole thing is that these people actually claim to be Christians. They would have been a better half time show at a pro basketball game – something that’s not really church in the middle of something that’s not really basketball.

Someone cited the movie “Full Metal Jacket.” Remember, folks, what your drill instructors taught you about firing your weapon. If your rear sight is off by a single degree at the muzzle, your shot will be wide by about 30 feet. Go out further, and it gets wider still. If you don’t get the Word of God right, look how far afield everything else gets.

Thanks, I think, for posting this. Now I have to try and keep my breakfast down.

6. Robert Buechler
    July 16th, 2011 at 08:38 | #7

I saw the video. The thing that came to my mind was that it was just about the kind of thing you would see at some ELCA seminaries and Youth Conventions. Very sad. But Paul, I have to ask about the bunny. Is that a puppet, or is it real? If real, how did you get that animal to pose like that?

7. John Mascola
    July 16th, 2011 at 14:50 | #8

EVIL !!!

8. July 16th, 2011 at 15:09 | #9

This video is an excellent example of what it means when some do NOT believe in the real presence.