Home > CPH Resources > Have You Taken a Look at PrayNow Lately?

Have You Taken a Look at PrayNow Lately?

July 25th, 2011

I have mentioned the Lutheran daily prayer App called PrayNow several times before and I know thousands of people have it, but I’m wondering if you don’t have it, if you have taken a look at it lately? The latest version adds additional prayer services, as requested. There is also the option to have all the daily readings integrated into the classic prayer offices: Matins, Vespers, Compline. It is a really impressive App and there is nothing else quite like it available in the iOS world. We are definitely working on an Android version of PrayNow as well. Just thought I would mention PrayNow since it has been some time since I have.

PrayNow has picked up some very vocal fans, including President Matthew Harrison of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.

You can read more about it at Apple’s iTune store, by following this link. Check out the very positive reviews when you are there.

It is fully compatible and will operate natively on any Apple mobile device: iPhone, iPad, iTouch, etc. It requires iOS 3.0 or higher to work.

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. July 25th, 2011 at 12:31 | #1

It sounds like a useful app. I’m glad to see you’re working on an Android version. I’ll look forward to checking it out then… :-)

2. Clint Rogas
    July 25th, 2011 at 13:19 | #2

I’m changing from an iPhone to and Android phone. Do think you will ever have this available for Android?

3. dwcasey
    July 25th, 2011 at 13:27 | #4

Mandatory android nag. Any dates expected for the Android version? Tablet ( and three android phones ) eagerly await :)

Willing to beta test ;)

• July 25th, 2011 at 13:52 | #5

Sorry, no ETA available, I would expect early next year.

4. Mitch Schull
    July 25th, 2011 at 19:44 | #6

I have this app and I love it. Would like to be able to click on the suggested passages and just read them in the app, but other than that its great! I’m still waiting with great anticipation of the lutheran study bible app, but in the meantime I am using the free logos app.

• July 25th, 2011 at 19:47 | #7

Mitch, go to the App’s settings. You can tell it to display the Psalm, the Scriptures and the hymn verse within the orders of Matins, Vespers and Compline.

5. Mitch Schull
    July 25th, 2011 at 20:29 | #8

Pastor McCain,

Yes those features are great!! I have checked them out. I guess I’m referring to the suggested passages and assorted verses in the writings. Also the suggested reading from the Book of Concord although “there is an app for that” which I am using to read the Book of Concord.

Mitch

• July 26th, 2011 at 06:21 | #9

The reason we won’t do that is because we do not want to have anything in the App depend on going out and pinging a web site for the text, but want it all self-contained and it would get too large were we to include the entire text of the BOC in it for this purpose, etc. Hope that makes sense.

6. July 26th, 2011 at 09:09 | #10

I too would like the app for Andriod

7. Jack K
    July 26th, 2011 at 09:11 | #11

Mitch #6:

I have the free Kindle app on my iPhone, iPad and PC. I also have Logos. I prefer Kindle when it comes to The Lutheran Study Bible and other CPH offerings. The Kindle versions are easy to use. I can’t get TLSB to work properly in Logos. I get the notes, but not the Scripture. I’m sure that I’m doing something wrong. I’m old AND Polish. I’m certain that the folks at Logos will help me straighten things out. I don’t know that I want to bother when the Kindle version is seamless.

• July 26th, 2011 at 09:14 | #12

Hi Jack, the LOGOS edition of TLSB is *just* the TLSB notes and other content like that, not the ESV text. That is is easily available in LOGOS from other sources, or for that matter, the cool thing about the LOGOS edition is that you can use *any* Bible translation you want. In the LOGOS app you can set it up to display the Bible text in one window and the notes in another, and link the windows so they move together as you move through the notes. This makes using TLSB a lot easier than the Kindle version, frankly.

8. Harvey Mozolak
    July 27th, 2011 at 11:39 | #13

I know I mentioned this before, but just a reminder… it would be good if the app had the ability to add prayers and such that the user either word processed in or cut and pasted in… I know that is possible in the Scripture reading section where one may add one’s own notes or commentary… but in the actual liturgical hours … one could put in a favorite collect, a litany one likes, a list of prayer needs or names and the like. Harvey Mozolak

9. Don
    July 28th, 2011 at 02:57 | #14

Please…Android version NOW! :-)