The Church from Age to Age — Great Survey of Church History — Coming Early September
You can take a look at a sample from the book, by clicking this link. The PDF file will download automatically to your computer.
You can place an order for the book, and receive it when we receive it from the printer. The price is $36.99, and the professional church worker discount of 20% applies. The book is 1068 in an easy to read and hold paperback edition. Click here to order, or call 800-325-3040.
• Dr. Robert G. Clouse is professor emeritus of history at Indiana State University. He was a founding member of the Conference on Faith and History, served on the editorial board of the Brethren Encyclopedia, and was a contributing editor of the New Twentieth Century Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge.
• Dr. Karl H. Dannenfeldt † served as professor of history at Arizona State University, the American editor of Archiv f ür Reformationsgeschichte, a committee member for the American Society of Church History, and president and officer for the American Society of Reformation Research.
• Edward A. Engelbrecht (STM) is senior editor for professional and academic books at Concordia Publishing House and general editor for The Lutheran Study Bible (2009), which is currently being translated into Spanish and Portuguese.
• Dr. Marianka S. Fousek is an independent historian who served as a professor at Miami University and other schools. She also served as a council member for the American Society of Church History.
• Walter Oetting † (MA) served as professor of Church history at Concordia Seminary. He died young, just after completing his book for the Church in History series, which was reissued in 1992 due to its continuing interest as an introductory text.
• Dr. K. Detlev Schulz is associate professor and chairman for the department of pastoral ministry and mission at Concordia Theological Seminary, serves as the PhD supervisor of the missiology program, and is dean of the graduate school. He grew up in Africa, studied in Europe and the United States, and served as a missionary in Botswana.
• Dr. Roy A. Suelflow † served as a missionary in China, Japan, and Taiwan. He also served as a seminary professor and mission director in East Asia. He later taught church history at Concordia Seminary and served as associate editor for the Concordia Historical Institute Quarterly.
• Dr. Carl A. Volz † served as professor of church history at Luther Seminary and as an editor for Dialog: A Journal of Theology. In 1997, the American Academy of Parish Clergy selected his book, The Medieval Church, as one of the ten best books of that year.
—Douglas A. Sweeney
An outstanding book! . . . Combines all the elements that make for a great text.
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
A clear, thorough and balanced coverage of world Christianity.
North Park University (Chicago)
A marvelous survey text. . . . I will certainly be using it in my own teaching ministry.
—Douglas A. Sweeney
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Very readable and lively. . . . Exceptional research.
Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
Both erudite and accessible. . . . Encourages a truly global vision of the Church.
—Joseph P. Amar
The University of Notre Dame
Filled with a rich array of fresh resources for . . . study and teaching.
—Garth M. Rosell
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Accurately reflects the dispersion and diversity of the Christian movement.
—Nathan A. Finn
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
[A] magnum opus. . . . See where Christianity has been and where it is going.
—Joel C. Elowsky
Center for Early African Christianity, Eastern University