Home > Uncategorized > Improvements to Concordia Publishing House’s Web Site

Improvements to Concordia Publishing House’s Web Site

September 28th, 2011

Check out the CPH.ORG web site…we’ve redesigned it to make it easier to find things in more logical/natural categories, and made a few other changes. I think you will like it. Be sure to clear the cache in your browser, before linking to it. Your computer may try to bring up the cached/old site.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. September 28th, 2011 at 08:32 | #1

The new design is very fresh, and the improved readability of the directory at the bottom of the homepage definitely makes it easier to find key sections of the site.

I think the large, clean graphics at the top of the page should definitely drive more traffic to featured resources and sales.

2. Terry Maher (Past Elder)
    September 28th, 2011 at 23:33 | #2

I like it! I also like that, unlike the last site upgrade, all the links on the Past Elder sidebar to CPH products apparently still work and I won’t have to re-do them all this time!

3. Ann Strother
    September 29th, 2011 at 11:32 | #3

HOORAY!

4. Michael Mohr
    September 29th, 2011 at 15:17 | #4

I like the redesign. It’s not as cluttered and seems easier to navigate, although…
    While I can find 2012 offering envelopes and the VBS program for the Summer of 2012, I can’t seem to find the 2012 pocket diary download or resources for Advent 2011. I can find last year’s counterparts, but nothing for the coming year. The choir director is getting after me about Advent – need to get the themes lined up so we can get the choir music selected/ordered for rehearsal. We always like to use the CPH coordinated materials when they are available. Other publishers are nice, but CPH is nicer. And developing our own themes never have the coordinated devotional book to go along with it.
    Maybe I’m just typing in the wrong thing in the search box.

• September 29th, 2011 at 15:21 | #5

Hi Michael, sorry, but we’ve entirely eliminated the pocket diary, in both print and now also in digital, and there is no Advent package/program for 2011. Re. the pocket diary, we were still spending a lot of man hours putting together a resource that relatively few people were using. Had to cut bait on that one.

5. Michael Mohr
    September 30th, 2011 at 22:49 | #6

Sorry to hear that. I’d better get crackin’ on getting the new church year into iCal.
    I hope the Advent resources are not on permanent hiatus. I just finally got the congregation to start Advent midweek services a couple of years ago.