Home > CPH Resources > LOGOS and Concordia Publishing House — 100% Downloadable Digital Access to all LOGOS Formatted CPH Resources

May 2nd, 2012

I’m very happy, finally, to report out to you what we have been working on with our friends at LOGOS for a while. We have transitioned to a new relationship with LOGOS by which now, and going forward, all CPH resources in the LOGOS format will be available, and only available, directly from LOGOS via digital download from their web site. The advantages to our customers are many: instant access to LOGOS formatted CPH resources, easier maintenance and upgrading and updating, etc. LOGOS, as they have in the past, provides all technical support for any CPH resource in LOGOS format. That means, call them for support, not us. They are extremely helpful. The other big plus is that now LOGOS formatted CPH resources are part of the LOGOS universe of resources and will be accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime, literally around the world, using LOGOS and looking for Lutheran resources. So, I invite you to head on over to our LOGOS page, on LOGOS.COM. Click here on the image below. We will be adding additional resources and more existing resources will continue to be populated on the LOGOS web site. Bookmark our LOGOS page and stay tuned. If you are not familiar with what LOGOS is, please visit their web site. It is, in my opinion, the best digital search and research platform available for Christian resources.

Categories: CPH Resources
  1. Martin Diers
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:25 | #1

Execellent news! It was frustrating not being able to order CPH resources direct from Logos, or having to wait for a CD (how archaic) to install a resource. I took advantage of their Christmas credit deal to upgrade my base package, and could not order any CPH resources with my resulting credits. But now I can. Thank you!

2. David Kuhfal
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:29 | #2

Does this mean more CPH resources will be available through LOGOS? If so that would be great.

• May 2nd, 2012 at 12:57 | #3

David, as I wrote in the post: “We will be adding additional resources and more existing resources will continue to be populated on the LOGOS web site.”

: )

3. jcmcalvin@comcast.net
    May 2nd, 2012 at 15:31 | #4

Awesome! Use logos extensively and with the IPAD3 platform this will be great. Picked up the Lutheran study bible. Thanks for the update Paul now we need the Gerhard and Chemnitz items. :)

• May 3rd, 2012 at 09:09 | #5

Actually, the Chemnitz material is available, check out the libraries in the Concordia Electronic Theological Library.

And, we are definitely planning on moving the current volumes in the Gerhard series into LOGOS.

4. May 2nd, 2012 at 21:09 | #6

From looking quickly at the Logos / Concordia page, a download for LW 69 appears to be missing.

• May 3rd, 2012 at 09:07 | #7

Yes, there are several of our LOGOS based resources that LOGOS has not yet populated on their site, but they soon will all be there. Stay tuned!

5. May 3rd, 2012 at 01:32 | #8

Fantastic news! Great start of populating the web site. Looking forward to the many additional titles that CPH also publishes on Logos. I know vol 69 is out for Luther’s Works. Will the additional new volumes also be published in Logos format sometime in the future?

6. Don Wiley
    May 3rd, 2012 at 10:03 | #9

This is great! Thanks to CPH for their continued wonderful offerings to both laity and pastor alike in various formats. However, I am wondering about the Pastors (and Churchworkers) Discount. Is that no longer available on these resources? I am not seeing it on the LOGOS website.

7. Martin Diers
    May 3rd, 2012 at 11:02 | #11

For those who iPad users who want to do basic reading in your Logos library, I recommend the Vyrso app. Whereas the Logos app is oriented toward study, and contains tools for text comparison, Bible searches, passage guides, etc., Vyrso is strictly oriented toward reading (although it lets you take notes also). Think of it more like a Kindle app. That way you can keep your study setup in a separate app, and still easily read books in your Logos Library.

I’m reading Chemnitz’ Examen on it right now.

8. Lisa Stapp
    May 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 | #12

You have absolutely no idea how alternately delighted I am with this part of the development! I’ve been pleased with the fact that so much of the CPH material is adding a digital option – making it available to people like me. This delivery page/system is the best thing yet.

:-) Yes, I already have a few of these. I am most looking forward to slowly getting the Concordia Electronic Theological Library, even if it is piecemeal and (long run) more expensive than getting the whole package at once. $35-$110 may be something I can budget for, $400-some-odd, isn’t.

Thank you times 10,000!

9. May 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 | #13

@Martin Diers Thank you…. This is good to know. I have a hard time reading in the Logos library without printing something off. I thought Vyrso was just another competitor in the e-book market with Kindle, Nook, etc. platforms. This is great news.

10. Jack
    May 3rd, 2012 at 16:59 | #14

I’m sorry, but this old, Polish person finds The Lutheran Study Bible on Libronix to be junk.

I am unable to go from Scripture to notes and back to TLSB Scripture in Libronix. I spent an hour on the phone with Logos, and all they were able to do was to download Logos 4 to my ‘puter. No solution to my problem.

TLSB on Kindle runs seamlessly, for me. I can go from Scripture to notes and back to Scripture, with no problem.

I admit that I’m an an old fa-t, and I’m most likely doing something wrong in Logos. I’d appreciate any help in seeing that TLSB works properly in Logos.

• May 4th, 2012 at 08:23 | #15

Jack, you need to work directly with LOGOS. It does work beautiful, and for instance, I can have a couple Bible translations open, the TLSB notes open, the Greek and Hebrew and it all syncs and flows together. I’m sorry you are having such problems, but I evan assure you LOGOS 4 works very well.

11. Karen Keil
    May 4th, 2012 at 15:47 | #16

I think I might have LOGOS 3 of the The Lutheran Study Bible and the Confessions. If LOGOS 4 works better, then I’ll check with LOGOS on how to update.

12. Bob Smith
    May 7th, 2012 at 09:17 | #17

Good news, Paul! Will Logos format books still be distributed on CD as well?

• May 7th, 2012 at 23:50 | #18

From the blog post:

“all CPH resources in the LOGOS format will be available, and only available, directly from LOGOS via digital download from their web site”

13. Jonathan
    May 11th, 2012 at 11:18 | #19

@ptmccain

Paul,

I was wondering about the pastoral discount also. I am looking at getting the “Concordia Electronic Theological Library: Complete Collection”. At this point in time, both CPH and LOGOS have it available. If I order the CD from CPH (securing my discount), am I missing out on anything that I would get with ordering from LOGOS direct on this product? Or is it just the extra step of getting the CD and getting it on my computer and then needing to go to LOGOS to unlock everything? I’d appreciate your insight – thanks!

• May 11th, 2012 at 12:53 | #20

If you can still buy a CD based LOGOS resource from us, you will receive your 20% discount, but keep in mind, as you say, we offer no technical support on it, that will need to come from LOGOS. So, I’d say, if you are going to buy it, get it while you can on CD-ROM directly from us and save a few bucks and we will make more money on that sale too.

14. Jack
    May 14th, 2012 at 09:51 | #21

Rev McCain.

I posted my comments only after talking on the phone with the folks at LOGOS. I was informed that they are unable to assist me with my problem.

I LOVE Luther’s Works on LOGOS.

• May 14th, 2012 at 09:55 | #22

Jack, sorry, but there’s nothing I can do for you either. I’m not sure you have properly understood or explained your problem to LOGOS. I would not give up with them.

15. Rev. W. M. Pask
    May 16th, 2012 at 16:30 | #23

@Jack
    Jack,

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you are encountering with The Lutheran Study Bible and Libronix. The Lutheran Study Bible is a separate file for the Study notes which you use in conjunction with the English Standard Version of the Bible or for that matter with any other Bible translation. You need to open both “books” and link them (the little chain icon in the upper right of the pannel of each book. Select the same letter A, B, C etc for each resource, Bible and Lutheran Study Bible notes. Now when you move in the Bible to different passages, your study Bible notes will synchronize. Contact me privately and I will send you a screen shot of one way of arranging your desktop. pastor [at] hclutheran dot org (use the standard email format removing spaces and add usual symbols.