Home > Shooting Sports > .45ACP Fun with the Glock 30

.45ACP Fun with the Glock 30

August 4th, 2012

Categories: Shooting Sports
  1. Nils
    August 5th, 2012 at 12:20 | #1

Thanks for pointing out that there’s no mechanical safety on the Glock; I was unaware of that. We were thinking about a home-defense pistol, so that is something to consider.

• August 5th, 2012 at 14:39 | #2

Definitely something to keep in mind, there are advantages and disadvantages with how the Glock operates. There were designed to move people from revolvers, which, of course, have no safeties, other than, not pulling the trigger. Same way with the Glock.

2. Marla
    August 5th, 2012 at 17:16 | #3

Now now, don’t call the host ugly – God makes us all the way we are and we accept that… no apologies to anyone.

Nice Glock!! Ruger makes a nice little snub 38 Special revolver… hammerless, no accidental firing ever! (that’s my primary conceal carry firearm).
    And thank you for not calling magazines “clips.”

Much better grouping with 10-round mag.

Consider ‘dry firing’ for practicing how to keep in control when confronted with a say, home invasion, where you have to make split-second decisions. It’s SO different than shooting at the range.

Consider also taking some Tactical Judgment classes – invaluable!
    Finally, an e-book called “The 7 Things You Must Know Before You Draw Your Gun – What You Must Know Before You Carry Concealed” – is very good.

3. August 8th, 2012 at 08:41 | #4

Paul, I just got my first gun a few weeks ago. Besides all of God’s grace to me in getting to learn His word from my professors at seminary, I also have the LCMS to thank for introducing me to God’s good gift of firearms.

I got the gun for hunting. One time some brothers were discussing self-defense for Christians. I always thought that I could see protecting your home or your family with a gun, since that’s part of our office as father, but another brother who is usually right said that in any situation you have a responsibility to defend yourself against an attacker, since you are acting in your office as citizen, and again because your family needs you there. The only time you would not defend yourself is if you were being attacked for the Gospel.

I wonder if you have any insight on that. At the time I argued with him but now I think he got it right.

• August 8th, 2012 at 10:51 | #5

Amen, succinctly and excellently well put.

Here’s my “take” on it.

In an evil world, evil people do evil things. I am thankful that in this nation I’m permitted to keep and bear arms to defend myself, my family and others. As a Lutheran Christian I view this as a way of being faithful to the commandments that tell me I am to help my neighbor to improve and protect his body and life and all that is his. Here is how Luther explains our duties according to the commandment, “You shall not murder” “We should fear and love God that we may not hurt nor harm our neighbor in his body, but help and befriend him in every bodily need [in every need and danger of life and body].” And here is how Luther explains our duty according to the seventh commandment, “You shall not steal.” “We should fear and love God that we may not take our neighbor’s money or property, nor get them by false ware or dealing, but help him to improve and protect his property and business [that his means are preserved and his condition is improved].” From the Small Catechism by Dr. Martin Luther, source.

4. Dennis
    August 9th, 2012 at 11:36 | #6

Good to see the Glock 30 video (and others). I just completed my MN/Utah conceal course and will be purchasing a revolver or semi-automatic soon … getting good advice from those long involved with such things and appreciate your insight and thoughts as well.

Now, I need to start a side business: coordinating crossed gunbelts, in liturgical colors, with my vestments … great retirement potential, no?

• August 9th, 2012 at 13:56 | #7

Uh….ummmm….errr…..well… certainly an interesting idea.

: )

5. Nils
    August 9th, 2012 at 21:36 | #8

@Dennis
    Perhaps your stole would have holsters stitched into it?