The Church in a Homosexual Culture
November 2nd, 2012
HT to Justin Taylor for this information.
- What are the biblical and the structural prerequisites for a sexual union that magnifies God and honors his created design?
- From that, what constitutes sinful sexual practices?
- Does the Bible say anything about gender reassignment surgery?
- Is homosexuality a modern phenomenon? Just how pervasive was homosexuality in the Greco-Roman world of the Apostle Paul?
- By voting yes to the Minnesota Marriage Amendment, are Christians oppressing the freedoms of the gay and lesbian community? Why or why not?
- What advice do you have for churches seeking to preach against the sin of homosexuality, and make sure the church doors are wide open and welcoming to all those in the homosexual community?
- What role does the Church play in demythologizing sexuality in modern culture?
- In the life of a professing Christian, what makes homosexual practice “an act of unbelief”?
- Should we be okay with a professing believer who self-identifies as “a celibate gay Christian”?
- What advice do you have for Christian parents who are fearful that their children will experience same-sex attraction in the teen years?
- What are churches doing well in engaging those who struggle with same-sex attraction? What are churches doing poorly?
- What guiding principles will help us to love and reach out to our homosexual neighbors?
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!